If you are thinking about buying a property with the intention of letting it out, you are going to want to know which is likely to let quickest and with the least trouble.
While nobody can be sure 100% of the time, properties that let quickly are likely to have most of these features:
• Convenient location. Good transport connections and being close to shops, schools and parks are important to people. If you are considering student lets then quick and easy access to college or university is essential.
• Kitchens and bathrooms. There is no doubt in my mind about the importance of keeping kitchens and bathrooms in a good state of repair and decoration. Dirty or old fashioned appliances and equipment is a big turn-off for potential tenants.
• Good storage. Often overlooked, ample storage is a priority for many prospective tenants.
• Garage or allocated parking. Once again, this will prove a decisive factor for some people. Excellent local transport links may prove to be a satisfactory alternative, however.
• Garden. Some prospective tenants, especially those with small children, will prioritise properties with gardens, particularly if they are easy to maintain and secure.
Of course this cannot be a definitive list but hopefully it will provide you with some pointers.
If you are a landlord considering letting a property or a tenant looking for a new home why not give me, Eddie Carter, a call on 01684 292154 to discuss your requirements. Alternatively take a look around our website. We specialise in the Tewkesbury, Cheltenham, Evesham, Gloucester, Malvern and Worcester areas.
Charles Carter Lettings
Independent – Specialist – Local