Insurance Policies

Charles Carter Letting work closely with Oncover Insurance (based in Cheltenham) to provide a service for Landlords and Tenants Insurance.

Oncover have been established over 15 years and can provide quick quotes with reputable insurers and importantly provide a great service.

Contact Oncover Insurance on 
01242 674117 
or email

Contact Oncover Insurance on 01242 674117  or email

Insurance Types:

Landlord Insurance

If you own a buy-to-let property its important to look after your investment by insuring its buildings and contents. There are extra risks involved when tenants are involved, which means you should be taking out insurance specifically designed for landlords.
If the property you’re letting was your home, it’s essential you tell your current insurer you are doing so or your policy could be null and void. Your insurer may be happy with this change, although it may require that tenants meet specific criteria.
Special features of these policies include extra cover for owners’ liability and loss of rent should damage to the property mean it is empty for an extended period and different levels of contents cover for furnished or unfurnished properties. However, there may be restrictions on letting the property to DSS tenants, students or asylum seekers.

Building Insurance

Neither buildings nor insurance is legally required but you will have to take out buildings cover if you bought the property with a mortgage
This covers the structure of any buildings included in it and any fixed items that would normally be left behind when residents move out, such as perimeter walls, patios and fixtures and fittings, against damage caused by perils such as fire, flood and pipes bursting.
What you insure is the rebuild cost – the cost of rebuilding the property if it is completely destroyed – not the market value. This sum is included on your original valuation. This figure should be adjusted each year to take account of information

Content Insurance

Buying contents cover is recommended as your tenants’ deposits may not be sufficient to pay for any damage that occurs to items such as floor coverings, curtains and any electrical appliances and furnishings you have supplied.
Your tenants should take out their own insurance for their belongings.

Please feel free to contact Eddie direct on 07929 859667, there’s no obligation – just happy to help.

The Charles Carter Difference


Our offices are situated in the centre of Tewkesbury and from there we cover the 3 counties of Worcestershire, Herefordshire and Gloucestershire. Our centrally located office means all your property needs are under one roof.

Charles Carter is not a estate agent we are 100% dedicated lettings and property management specialists. This ensures your rental property is our number one focus and priority at all times. We are fully compliant and insured to ensure that your property investment is being cared to the highest standard. As a independent specialist we offer bespoke services to ensure all your individual needs are met.

Charles Carter Lettings is built on customers service so quality of service is at the very heart of everything we do. All services are personally oversean by me, Eddie Carter (Company Director). I am always available directly when required. We have a self-imposed limit to the number of managed properties that we care for thus ensuring you are never just a number and that the team will personally know you, your property and your tenants.

Covering The Three Counties

Visit Us

102 Church Street
GL20 5AB

Call Us

01684 292154

Email Us